WHAT HAVE I LEARNED SO FAR? Through my research and many discussions with parents and experts, it's clear that America is the only developed nation with downright disregard for parents and caregivers. It's time for cultural change and family-positive public policy is enacted, and for that we need YOUR SUPPORT.
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS give us the final financial and emotional push we need to wrap up the film production phase for summer 2018 and edit the film in fall 2018.
WHY should you SUPPORT us?
Actually, you need this support too!
- Because you have a mom or love a mom.
- Because at one point in your life, whether you have children or not - you (yes, YOU) are either going to be a caregiver (for a child or aging parent), or a care receiver.
- Because the cultural ideas of motherhood are completely incompatible with cultural ideas of the workplace. The mere fact that 25% of women return to work within two weeks postpartum is tantamount to cruelty.
- Because the incidences of the major eating disorders-anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa amongst pregnant women are increasing because of cultural pressures on the drive for thinness - that as soon as women deliver, they're encouraged to “shed the pregnancy weight," removing the scars a.k.a "badges" of Motherhood.
- Because of the notion that women must "do it all" and never complain, because that's unbecoming of a Mom and they must TAKE IT LIKE A WOMAN. Of course, this creates guilt and a "bad-Mommy" complex.
- Because of the sparsity of relateable Mothers in TV and film. Media representations of mothers still reinforce the same stock characterizations that existed in the 1950s – bad mothers vs. good mothers and that maternal problems are not public but personal issues.
But, most of all, and we're talking ESPECIALLY to you YOUNG WOMEN out there who are just entering the adult world and you MOTHERS and GRANDMOTHERS of young women. By supporting such campaigns as this documentary you help bring yourself and future generations one closer step to becoming true AGENTS of your own FUTURES! Please help support us today to help stop American society, culture, and the workplace from making your own life CHOICES for you!
WE NEED YOU!
Your actions today can literally transform lives tomorrow. IT'S TIME to stop punishing Moms and families. JOIN US so we can film our final interviews and wrap production.
NO ONE listens to moms.
- The media networks aren't listening
- The politicians certainly aren't listening
WILL YOU LISTEN?
HELP US TO RECLAIM MOTHERHOOD! – Join the movement!
You can make a difference. We encourage all our friends and supporters to get informed. Please digest the information on this website and share with others. We believe the time is right for a new conversation around motherhood and this is down to all of us. If you feel motivated to get more involved please get in touch - we would love to hear from you.
Your donations will allow us to finish the film and take it out into the world. You can donate online or get in touch if you would like to discuss options. 100% of all donations go directly to the project. We will be delighted to credit your generosity and include you in the project as things progress.
Spread the Word
Please share this website and invite your friends to like our social media channels. We feel that part of the reason that mothers are under-valued in today's world is because these conversations have been suppressed so let's change that and celebrate moms everywhere again.